Technical data sheet
Description: Propolymer MA123 Asphalt Additive – universal additive that improves the properties of modified asphalt.
Technical characteristics of Propolymer MA123 Asphalt Additive:
|Typical properties||Unit measure||Value|
|Granule size||mm||2,0 – 5,0|
|Melt flow index||gr/10 min||1,0 – 5,0|
Advantages of Propolymer MA123 Asphalt Additive:
- Small percentage of addition
- No requirement for additional mixing
- Can be used with any type of technological process
Percent of addition of Propolymer MA123 Asphalt Additive: 0,2 – 0,8 % of the total mass of the asphalt mixture (2-8 kg on 1 ton of the asphalt mixture); recommended percent of addition – 0,5 %
The dosage amount will depend on the bitumen grade: 50/70, 70/100 or 100/130. Also, the dosage will greatly depend on the quality, origin and size of the used gravel.
Packaging for transportation:
Standard packaging: 25 kg bags, big-bags 500/1000/1200 kg (during ordering the weight of the big-bag needs to be specified)
Store in dry place. Frost resistant. Shelf life – 2 years
Additive doesn’t contain any prohibited product in accordance with “RoHS” and “REACH”
Uses of additives:
- Granules is added to the asphalt mixture using a dispenser.
- Has to be added simultaneously with mineral materials.
- The additives cannot be added into binding substance.
- The material can be used in the wide temperature range (110 °C – 210°C).
Properties of the asphalt mixture with added Propolymer MA123 Asphalt Additive:
- Improves the strength of asphalt cracking.
- Improves the resistance to rut formation; improves hardness and stiffness of the road.
- Improves the fatigue resistance.